Definitely bring your costumes and musical instruments!
What to Bring
The camp provides a full dining hall with all meals catered and simple kitchen facilities in the cabins. All meals are included in your ticket price. Meal times and program will be posted at the camp. Like last year, a selection of breakfast cereal will be available in the early mornings to parents with small children. Please bring any snacks or special items you would miss otherwise. These should be kept in the kitchens in the lodges.
All lodges are heated and have regular electric outlets. Bunk beds with single-width, vinyl-covered mattresses are provided so bring bedding or sleeping bags and pillows. Feel free to bring extra fabric to screen off your bunk, or anything else you'd like to decorate the shared space with. You can only use painters' tape to attach items to the walls, ceilings and other surfaces! (No tacks, push-pins or poster tack!)
BRING YOUR FRIENDS!!
Please have picture identification ready to show at the gate. THANK YOU!!
What to Leave Behind
- ANISE/FENNEL/LICORICE: one of our attendees cannot be in the same room as these, life-threatening allergy. These are commonly found in Fisherman's Friends, Chai Tea, other teas, curries, and mixed spices.
- ABSOLUTELY NO NUTS ANYWHERE IN THE CAMP! This is essential to our contract with the camp and the safety of children who will be using the facilities in the future.
- candles - wax leaves messes that cost us extra for cleanup
- incense - seriously, no smoke, scent, or vapour of any kind is allowed inside the buildings! this is the number one piece of feedback we get from the camp EVERY year.
- dogs and other companion animals, unless they are actually a "service animal" (talk to info[at]intentiongathering[dot]org for clarification). Unfortunately, animals--especially dogs--do not always mix well with a large crowd of strange people of all ages. We don't like the idea of having to ask folks who bring animals to keep them tied up at all times, so we ask if you would please leave your non-human friends with others who can love them safely over Intention weekend. Thanks.
- Drugs & Alcohol - As we are are staying at a kids camp, we have reassured the camp that anyone seen with either will be made to leave immediately.
- WARM CLOTHES e.g. hats, socks, sweaters, longjohns, extra pairs of shoes, gloves, etc.
- bedding (bunk beds have vinyl-covered mattresses)
- snacks and food if you have food allergies, to be kept in the kitchen units in each lodge
- ear plugs! even if you don't use these for the music, you may want them for sleeping (even in the quiet lodge)
Highly Recommended to Bring
- flashlight/headlamp (particularly for getting to and from the dining hall in the dark)
- musical instruments
- travel mug for coffee or tea outside of the dining hall
- water bottle
- slip-on footwear is super handy since many buildings are shoes-off areas
CASH FOR THE TRIBAL MARKET– SUPPORT LOCAL ARTISANS!!
Our Tribal Market will have artisans bringing one-of-a-kind pieces, handcrafted goodies, feathery goodness and costume pieces galore for your purchase. You’re sure to find a thing or two to complement your costumes, fill your tummy or soothe your skin. So bring some CASH to spend on these wonderful creations and support a member of the community!!! Prices vary from $2 all the way up to $300, so please be prepared, as there won't be a bank machine on site.
Would be Really Cool if you could Bring
- tea (mate, herbals, hot chocolate - NO CHAI unless you are 100% sure it is 100% fennel free, see above!)
- craft supplies, e.g. fabric, paintbrushes, paints, crayons, paper, beads, feathers, crepe paper, glue gun w/glue, scissors... we are going to have a crafting zone set up this where you can craft and create to your heart's desire
- rugs, couches, pillows
- yoga mats
- LED christmas lights
- boardgames, cards