WHAT TO BRING
please have picture identification ready to show at the gate, THANK YOU!!
See Kitchen Pod - you will be fed a freshly prepared dinner on Friday, brunch and dinner Saturday and Sunday, and there will be self-serve breakfast items for those who want breakfast. You are responsible for bringing your beverages, a few snacks, food for special dietary requirements, meat/fish if these are an essential part of your diet (meals provided are all vegetarian) and any meals before Friday dinner or after Monday breakfast. There will be a secondary kitchen set up for cooking your own food if needed, but if you have a camp stove you would like to contribute to the secondary kitchen (we have some already but not lots) please bring it! Watch for more info here and on the Intentiontribe email list for more about this. (If you are not on the Intentiontribe email list you can join it by following the instructions here)
IMPORTANT: there will be a small selection of teas, but COFFEE is considered a "treat" / "personal item" and is NOT included in the budget! If you are a big coffee fan, we suggest that you bring some of your favorite beans (already ground, unless you have a battery-powered grinder), and team up with the other coffee fiends and make some at every meal, or whenever you need it. You won't be alone :-)
IMPORTANT! PLEASE NO anise, fennel, licorice - some people onsite are extremely allergic to these particular substances! Also, please keep strong artificial frangrances/scents to a minimum, or not at all.
There is no drinking water available on the land, so please bring enough for your entire stay. There is a creek on the property which the owner has been drinking from for over 10 years, but it is a creek and therefore not guaranteed potable. Although some people will tell you it is safe to drink, others have gotten very sick from the water (including one of the land owners). We ask that people bring their own water. We recommend people bring at least two 4 litre jugs per person. There is an aquifer well pump in lower Gibsons where you can fill up for a reasonable rate. You will need to pay by credit card.
There are NO SHOWERS, but you can use the creek water for washing with earth-friendly soap, outside of the creek. Please do not use any soap inside the creek. Aside from being harmful to wildlife, residents downstream drink from this creek.
COSTUME STUFF – EXPRESS YOURSELF!!
Themes to consider: Tutus are ALWAYS appropriate at Intention :-)
CASH FOR THE TRIBAL MARKET– SUPPORT LOCAL ARTISANS!!
Our Tribal Market will have artisans bringing one of a kind pieces, handcrafted goodies, feathery goodness and costume pieces for purchase. You’re sure to find a thing or two to compliment your costumes, fill your tummy or soothe your skin. So bring some CASH to spend on these wonderful creations and support members of the community!!! Prices vary from $2 all the way up to $300, so please be prepared, as there won't be a bank machine on site.
IF YOU SMOKE, bring a butt tin and smoke in the designated smoking areas. This is a Leave No Trace event. Do not leave any butts or garbage on the land.
- musical instruments
- hoops and other toys to play with
- ART to display outdoors
- tea (mate, herbals, hot chocolate)
- craft supplies, e.g. paintbrushes, paints, crayons, paper, beads, feathers, crepe paper, glue gun w/glue, scissors anything with which to make masks, paint, have fun, doodle
- rugs, pillows, comforters for the cuddle spaces
- yoga mats
- LED christmas lights
- any other items that we have placed a call-out for. Watch the Intentiontribe list for when this happens.
- Earth-Friendly Soap
- Tooth brush/toothpaste
- Bug repellant
- Any meds you are currently taking
- Hand sanitizer
- Décor for your personal space, if desired
- Boots/waterproof shoes
- Sunny-weather shoes
- Warm clothes
- Cool clothes
- Bathing suit (because you never know when you're going to get wet)
- Rain coat (so it won’t rain! ;-)
- FLASHLIGHT/HEADLIGHT (or two!!) and BACKUP BATTERIES (remember, the ground is rough and it may be DARK when you’re making your way to the outhouse!!)
- GARBAGE BAGS (LEAVE NO TRACE, pack it ALL out, THANKS!!!)
- Tent pegs
- Fly or tarp for over tent (rope for same)
- Air mattress/thermarest
- Pump if necessary for air mattress
- Sleeping bag/extra blankets
- WATER BOTTLE and WATER
- Cup, bowl, plate and personal cutlery (there are a limited number of these in the kitchen already if you are unable to bring these)
- Bungee cords (always seem to come in handy!)
(following items apply ONLY if you are planning on doing any of your OWN cooking)
- Stove (you may be able to use one of the existing stoves though, see Kitchen Pod for more details)
- Propane canisters
- Cutting board
- Pot holder/mitt
- Swiss army knife/corkscrew/can opener
- Wooden spoons/flippers
- Frying pan/pots
- anise, fennel, licorice and anything that contains these ingredients - some people onsite are extremely allergic to these particular substances! yes, we are serious, please abide by this!
- candles and lanterns with flames (flames will only be allowed in designated areas with supervision)
- cares and worries
- negative attitudes
- dogs and other companion animals unless they are actually a certified service animal (talk to info[at]intentiongathering[dot]org for clarification). Unfortunately animals--especially dogs--do not always mix well with a large crowd of strange people of all ages. We don't like the idea of having to ask folks who bring animals to keep them tied up at all times, so we ask if you would please leave your non-human friends with others who can love them safely over Intention weekend. Thanks.